As you saw in my previous Ri-Ri report, this is more my Twitter-like in-the-moment observations than a full-scale review. Burr! Be clear: Album in stores December 8th. December 8. December 8. Decemburrr 8th.
1. “Classical (Intro)” (Producer: Drumma Boy)
Shit sounds real opera-like as the title implies. Caught a Pac Man Jones reference. “Nothin Kanye could tell me.” He’s a “Convicted felon” and “Nothing’s gonna stop” him. Good intro.
2. “Interlude: Toilet Bowl Shawty/Mike Epps”
Like Tracy Morgan, I don’t find Mr. Epps particularly funny. I’ll pass.
3. “Heavy” (Producer: Shawty Redd)
Murdoch just brought it to you. Thank him later.
4. “Stupid Wild” Featuring Lil Wayne & Cam’Ron (Producer: Bangladesh)
Gucci first verse displays different voice than he does on hook. He’s really growing as an MC. Wider range of flows. “Niggas want to fight but I shoot shoot”. Second verse is Wayne. “Put that pistol on your grandpa”. Talks about the Bloods. It’s a spoken strange hook. Killa Time. Cam got “furs his and hers burr”. Ha! He talks about the “Bust it baby” like his “eggs scrambled cheese” and tells a groupie it’s “Gucci turn you gonna suck it or not”. Best song so far.
5. “All About The Money” Featuring Rick Ross (Producer: Drumma Boy)
Gucci’s “on his way to see my PO”. Another new flow. Something about “Silk the shocker” and he warns “don’t make me send my goons to gunnin’”. Here comes Mr. Officer. He got “cocaine on my property,” and “Louie Gucci”. Back to Gucci this one’s just ahright.
6. “Lemonade” (Producer: Bangladesh)
You already know.
7. “Bingo” Featuring Soulja Boy & Waka Flocka Flame (Producer: Scott Storch)
More unique flows from Mane. SB on verse 2. “Haters hate get shot like a free throw”. OK, Tell ‘Em. Flame is lame. “Bitch a dime yours look like a seagull”. Huh? Short verses for the guests.
8. “Spotlight” Featuring Usher (Producer: Polow Da Don)
You still mad?
9. “I Think I’m In Love” Featuring Jason Caesar (Producer: Zaytoven)
This is the ladies section of the album. Did he really say, “Sweetie tell me about yourself”. Doesn’t matter if you’re “married or divorced”. New kid on the hook. Second verse more sweet nothings. “Zay control the symphony”. OK. Hook. “Fiendin I don”t wanna wait”. Uh oh. He’s gonna “light an incense”.
10. “Bad Bad Bad” Featuring Keyshia Cole (Producer: Fat Boi)
KC on hook. Jeezy ouch. Radric says “Her man ain’t me”. Hook is based of “I can do bad all by myself”. Mr. Davis is a “Bad boy with so much good in me”. Bill and Hillary reference. Long bridge. Only two verses. Showcase for Cole at end. She sings “You wanna leave then just be bout it” and says there’s “No reason to be untrue”. This just feels wrong. I know she’s knocked up with Boobie’s baby but c’mon son.
11. Another Bad Skit
“You fuckin Gucci Man?” Phone call. Gucci eat coochie.
12. “Sex in Crazy Places” Featuring Nicki Minaj, Trina & Bobby V (Producer: Fat Boi)
The Robot got first verse. She’s a “stage mom best to blow” and like “Wanda she red to go”. Is BET still runnin’ Living Color reruns? Bobby hook’s about fuckin in your “mama house”, “bathroom airplane”, a “balcony”, a “taxi”. Gucci comes in second. “Don’t compare him to your old boyfriend” and he’ll “fuck you in a Range Rover. Trina’s third. “Scale 1 to 10 how much you wanna do me”. She “don’t wanna sex your friend”. As strange as “Stupid Wild” and also works. Guilty pleasure.
13. “The Movie” (Producer: Jazze Pha)
No more girlie tunes. No guest here. I forgot about Jazze Phizzle. Damn he fell off. Anyways, GM is “jumpin’ out the Coupe” and he’s “so high he needs a parachute”. Weird hook. It’s the “soundtrack of the Gucci Mane movie”. Well it’s not a good one. Gucci’s a “ballplayer focused on the next hit” but this ain’t it.
14. “Volume” Featuring Wooh Da Kid (Producer: J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
“Someone please turn Gucci Mane down”. Another long hook. First verse, he warns he’ll “wet up their wifebeater”. Second, he “bought another house for my goons”. His new artist, a “nigga with an attitude” bats third but he can’t stop the bleeding. We’re officially in a rough patch.
15. “Gingerbread Man” Featuring OJ Da Juiceman (Producer: Mannie Fresh)
The Burrr Man rhymes “Jeffrey Dahmer” with “Sinead O’Connor” and “Obama”. Impressive. OJ’s up next. Not a fan. “Trap house money”. “Rollerskate money”. I’m a sucker for a Mannie track. The head is noddin’. Gucc’s has another singy flow on third verse. Like to hate on this one, but I can dig it.
16. “Wasted” Featuring Plies (Producer: Fat Boi)
Still a good one.
17. “Kush Is My Cologne” Featuring Bun B, Devin The Dude, & E-40 (Producer: Drumma Boy)
Title is scratched in from another song. Couldn’t tell you which one. Bun B bats leadoff. Swisha talk. The purple is callin’ him to smoke. Then Gucci got an Amy Winehouse rehab. Cute. “Captain Crunch” with “10 blunts before lunch”. “Marijuana my fragrance”. E-40 got a new vocal effect. Says something about megaupload? It gets crazier here comes Devin. Really short verse but good. Once again, strange collabo that delivers.
18. “My Worst Enemy” (Producer: Drumma Boy)
When’s Da Snowman’s album droppin’?
19. “One More Bad Mike Epps Skit”
20. “Wasted (Remix)” Featuring Lil Wayne, Jadakiss & The Birdman (Producer: Fat Boi)
Another one brought to you first by the good folks at Rap Radar. Sidebar: My BK Place > MySpace
Overall: The Burrrman can hold his head high in his jail cell. The material’s here. His life’s about to change.